My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Clock Cases

This antique clock case was a flea market find. It was one of those items that you pick up and say "What could I do with this?".  It is in very good condition, glass in tact, door opens, closes and latches perfectly.  I thought it was just charming and brought it home. Although the display area is not very deep it still has plenty of room to add decor items. In your home, a piece like this is the perfect way to have a nicely contained seasonal vignette. Adding seashells, seaside postcard, starfish etc. and you have a beautiful summer look.  The possibilities are endless... you could even fill the entire case with vintage glass Christmas ornaments. This case could also be used as a fancy shadow box to display wedding keepsakes for newlyweds or for a special anniversary celebration. Keep your eyes open for these nice old clock cases, while they are still affordable, you will not be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!