My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pantry Treasure

Today my flea market focus was to find French inspired items for the Le Potager pantry to serve as display items for the culinary goodies we carry.  I had a rather successful day finding these items and a few others you will soon see. Shown here are my pantry purchases; a new "the" canister to display with our French Noel Tea for the holidays.  In The French Kitchen Garden book to accompany our Herbs de Provence display. The vintage French silver and cut glass pepper mill and French white ceramic salt shaker to highlight our French herbed salts. The vintage wood nutmeg grinder from France, to display with our signature whole nutmeg nuts and graters. The great vintage cut glass and silver syrup pitcher to go with our signature honey display. The vintage English mustard pot to show off our French Tarragon and whole grain mustards. And of course the classic Laguiole spreaders and Invicta cast iron enamel trivet are must haves for the French kitchen. It was fun to shop with such a narrow focus today. Next week's focus will be holiday purchases for our upcoming settings events. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!