My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Art From the Flea Market

It is one of my favorite parts of going to the flea market... you never, ever know what you will find and what treasures will come home with you.
I rarely, if ever, shop fleas looking for specific items, you have to be completely open to just about anything attracting your attention. The majority of my weekend flea market finds have a common theme, art.  The more I shopped the more I found. I came away with a wonderful variety of original art, etchings, advertising art and signed prints.
This nearly four foot tall vintage original oil painting on board is definitely unique. It is well done. 
I love how the light has been captured on the stone walls.
I found a wonderful 1940's point of sale French champagne advertising sign.
This portrait of an American racehorse is a signed and numbered etching. The chippy red painted frame is a great compliment to the image.
English artist Arthur Elsley was known for his art featuring children and animals. This print is entitled Spring Songs, dated 1902. It is in it's antique frame and is in fairly good shape considering its age.
It is a really charming print.
I picked up this very large poster to use in a display of the vintage French Absinthe barware I have been compiling. I will paint the frame- possibly black.
Although this hand colored print is signed and numbered I have not been able to identify the artist. It is a quintessential Parisian scene featuring a busy street with vintage autos, Norte Dame and Parisian cafe.
Last but not least, is this oversized French foie gras advertising poster will be a great addition to our pantry at Le Potager.
We had a great day hunting for these items plus a few other small silver and copper pieces.
Thank you so much for reading.
Happy Hunting!

2 comments:

  1. Love the vintage Absinthe sign and the foie gras advert. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice blog and great finds! :) May I ask how large the absinthe poster is?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!