My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Fox & the Grapes

I was so excited to find this piece on the road. The Fox and the Grapes is a classic Aesop's Fable which I could not help but recall when I spotted this wonderful treasure.  Antique silver stand features a pair of foxes flanking a grape vine with grapes just out of reach. Beautiful ruffled glass insert adds to the charm. 


Imagine a few stems of fall leaves in this unique piece. Just for fun, I will be adding some height by setting this vase on an Aesop's Fables book. Look for this on an autumn table at Le Potager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!