My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Seasonal Treasures

Borghese chalkware figures have been a favorite of mine for decades.  I think this set is one of the nicest they produced. As time has passed (well over 70 years since these were produced) the odds of these four remaining together decrease greatly.  So, you can imagine my delight in finding this foursome, known as "Borghese's Four Seasons", in a Roseville California antique store.  I have only ever seen the complete set twice before and neither of them were in this lovely clay and gold finish.
These sweet putti are perfect to place one at a time in seasonal vignettes or use all four together to create a stunning display.  Accenting them with both faux and real seasonal botanicals would be a wonderful addition to dining room table, dining sideboard, entry console or mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!