My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

There is no place like home.

Oh, to be home again!  I have taken a glorious tour of such lovely places. I have come home with a van full of treasures and a memory full of people and places that will always hold a special place.  But, as Dorothy said, "there really is no place like home".
As I unpack the fruits of hundreds and hundreds of miles of searching, picking and digging, I begin the next phase of my "decor hunting gathering"... where will each item go next?  Will it be to Le Potager, to the Paris Flea Market, or will it live with me for a while?  I will be returning to my daily "Treasures" tomorrow with a fabulous road find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!