My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mix 'n Match Settings

One of my fondest memories of my Great Grandmother Jacque was of her wonderful china. Her table was always set perfectly, everything in its proper place. But what was most memorable about her table was that each place setting was a different china pattern. She always told us she could never choose one pattern, they were all so beautiful, so she chose dozens of separate patterns that all related to each other in some way. With my Grandma Jacque in mind, I picked up four beautiful antique English transferware luncheon plates. They feature a lovely green floral swag pattern on soft white stoneware. Of all the traditional transferware colors, I think of green as the most versatile. I love to use green transferware patterns along with other colors to create a unique seasonal look. Green with purple transfer patterns for spring settings, green with brown transfer patterns for fall settings and of course green with cranberry for the winter holiday settings. This look is classic and festive for any meal this winter. Take a good look and your china, mix and match your dishes, you may be surprised how great the look when mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!