My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome Autumn Event

We have been so busy preparing the shop for our annual Fall Open House that I was sadly not able to post this week. Today was the open house event and we were thrilled to have so many of our customers, friends and family come into Le Potager to support us. It was fantastic to receive positive comments about the store website and blog and this, my personal blog. Today was the debut of many of the treasures I bought on my summer buying trip. We had several customers waiting when we opened to purchase an item(s) that they fell in love with via our blogs. I have attached some photos of the store from this morning. We are looking forward to some wonderful events this upcoming holiday season. I have a lot of shopping to do and I plan to share my new treasures with you as I find them. Happy Autumn everyone.
 Since Le Potager is in a 1917 house, we are fortunate to have a true home setting to display in.
The antique clock case was from the summer buying trip and is shown here displayed under a glass cloche and decorated with fabulous fall foliage. 
A true California autumn display of citrus with Italian pottery and beautiful table linens.
Antique and vintage silver was very popular today. This display has several items from the road trip that went to new homes today.  
It was very nice to have such great response to todays event. Thank you one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!