My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The 4 Seasons in Repousse Silver

 This wonderful find from the last flea market has found its way to the shop. The repousse pattern frames the bowl and covers the pedistal base with a lovely scene of a couple strolling in the garden. The size and shape of this footed bowl is one of my favorites and one of the most versatile pieces you can add to your stable of antique silver for decorating. 
I have pieces similar to this in my personal collection and use them very often. Below I have shown this bowl for each of the four seasons as an example of the limitless possibilities of a piece like this.
First, three choices for the Christmas holidays. 
Christmas time with pomegranates and pine.
With vintage glass balls, pine stems and cones.
Filled with mini cones, ruby glass candle cup and a sprig of holly.

Spring, Summer and Fall looks are simply wonderful and easy to accomplish.
 Here spring bulbs are placed into small glasses, grouped in the bowl and surrounded with straw.
For the warm days of summer mound with seashells or fill with keepsakes from family vacations.
 And finally, the warmth of autumn. Full with leaves, gourds and even apples.
This is the perfect piece for an entry or side table. Place on a silver tray or on a charming old book for a classic, finished look. This is perfect treasure to create the perfect seasonal vignette in any home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!