My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sounds of the Season Treasures

I have always loved the music of the Christmas season. From church hymns, olde time carols and the classic holiday songs of the 40's, 50's & 60's, this music evokes fond memories of Christmas' past and joyous thoughts of family and friends both present and departed.
Music has been an underlying theme at both the shop and at home this year.
Carolers singing Olde English carols during late night shopping at Le Potager were simply lovely and drew a crowd from the neighborhood as well as the nearby English pub.
Even the mantle in the den of my childhood home took on a charming musical theme this year. I layered it with instruments, all belonging to family members both old & young, throughout the years. Sprinkled with white lights, fresh cedar garland, lit sugared fruit ornaments and even pretty holiday sheet music created a meaningful festive mantle.
The musical tree in Lillian's Room at Le Potager has been so well received that I am inspired to expand the idea next year.
The golden hues and silver sparkle of the brass instruments paired with the warm tones of the string instruments created the perfect festive background to dozens & dozens of ornaments.
Adding to the list of Christmas songs and styles that I love is this entire CD.  A French Christmas is a wonderful combination of traditional French holiday songs and classic American carols sung in French. I am so thrilled to add these songs to my favorite list. 
Enjoy the treasure that is the sounds of the season and turn up the holiday music to create wonderful memories for you and your family.
I hope you holidays are filled with joyous music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!