My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Celebrating The Big 100

January has turned into the month of "100's" in my life. With this, my 100th blog post, I thought I would take a moment to acknowledge the 100th birthday of our home. Built in 1912, this house was originally built as the caretaker's cottage on a poultry ranch, that is why most things grow so well here. We will be having a celebration this summer and at that time I will post photos and a little more history.
My treasures, for my 100th post, begin with a 100 year old postcard. I am enamored with antique postcards. The graphics, details and colors are simply charming. Here are a few cards I found for the shop (the 1912 card gets to go home with me).
These are a couple of the other cards I added to the lot. I have never seen a postcard like this. It features an inset hand embroidered fabric panel with purple and gold pansies. Just beautiful and unique in every way. There was one other card just like this with yellow flowers and a Christmas card that reads Joyeux Noel that will just have to wait until the holidays. 
This postcard is just as wonderful on the front as it is on the back. Dogs always have universal appeal and this card will look fantastic with our custom dog collars and leashes at the shop. 
Postmarked 1908, this postcard has both history and intrigue, not to mention the charming antique stamp and postmarks.  Old postcards are so wonderful to add yet another dimension to vignettes, whether in a shop or at home. They do not take up any space however, they can have a major impact. I have one antique picture frame on my entry table that holds a different postcard for each holiday, season, and or special occasion happening in our home. Postcards are a fun and easy way to begin a collection. They are relatively easy to find, well priced and best of all, easy to store! Happy Hunting. Here's to my next 100 posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!