My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Silver Butter Dish Reinvented

Reinventing this antique silver butter dish base has been fun. It is one of those easy to find pieces that can serve you very well, each season of the year.
The first use finds the silver base holding a simple bird nest and the side knife slip holding a vintage bird... simply charming.

Second, would be great on a side table nestled near a potted plant. I used the base to hold a crystal ball and an antique postcard of the Paris Opera House rests in the knife holder... unexpectedly unique.
Third use is the perfect guest bath soap dish. I placed a sweet transferware saucer inside to hold a bar of soap and set a small beveled mirror into the knife holder... beauty, form & function.
The fourth look is lovely looking and smelling! I filled the base with fresh lavender buds and a mercury glass heart rests on top. I slipped an antique victorian pin dish in the knife holder. The pin dish is one of my favorites, it features cupid riding a lion... a sweet nod to Valentine's Day.
Lastly, this piece is the perfect base for a cloche. Filled with fresh live lavender and ivy surrounding a fine porcelain bird on a branch... the possibilities are endless.
Do you have a piece similar to this? It's uses may surprise you. Give it a try. It is always so interesting to see reinvented vintage and antique items used as accessories in people's homes, it shows imagination and ingenuity, not to mention it is green to reuse. Happy Hunting Everyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!