My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Shopkeeper's Shop

You know the feeling. Strolling into a shop, it is almost immediate. Much like a first impression upon meeting someone.  You know if you will enjoy every minute of shopping there or if you will never, ever return.
 As we prepare Le Potager for spring we are very aware of the importance of welcoming both new and returning customers. Our focus is a desire to please all of the senses and create an environment of unique beauty.
 One of my biggest joys as a shopkeeper is creating relationships with customers as well as watching customers create new friendships with fellow shoppers. There are times that I just take a step back to savor the social interactions that happen within Le Potager's walls.
Like every home, the kitchen is the heart and our pantry is no exception. 
The culinary items in our pantry help us to continue our focus on welcoming customers and pleasing each of their senses. Offering tastings of our unique French food products along with a glass of fine wine or champagne confirms our deep appreciation of our customers. Since we are fortunate enough to have our shop in a 1917 European style home, the saying "There is no place like home!" has never rung more true. 
As you look through the photos of Le Potager you may see many of the treasures from past posts.
Happy Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jen, the store is gorgeous! I love all the nooks and crannies filled with your treasures. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!