My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pink Lemonade Lemons Abundant Treasure

I could not resist sharing my pink lemonade variety lemon tree today. The tree is so full with lovely pink blossoms that fill the air with the most heavenly scent morning, noon and night. The lemon peel is a beautiful variegated green and yellow which turns a soft pink hue when the fruit is ripe. 
This time of year, here in California, the citrus trees have a wonderful combination of both fruit and blossoms. Being able to enjoy the fruit and the perfume filled air for this short period of time is a true gift form mother nature that I so look forward to.
The blossoms on this tree have the most colorful blooms. The pink and lilac buds together with the white blooms and green leaves create a stunning combination that translates perfectly to a home decor scheme, a garden palette and even a fashion ensemble.  Fresh, clean, bright and romantic.
Some of my pink lemonade lemons grow in nice tight bunches that are wonderful for display.
The soft pink flesh and delicious juice of these lemons make them just perfect for using in beverages, cooking, baking and of course cocktails!
I wanted to share my pink lemonade lemons, mainly because the weather man in predicting a large storm at the end of this week through the weekend. With that in mind, I am afraid that I will loose most of my blossoms on many of my citrus trees due to that extreme weather event. I simply wanted to preserve the glory of the citrus season while I still can. I hope I am wrong, maybe the weatherman is wrong. . . well we all know that could never happen! Really, only mother nature knows for sure.
Fingers crossed.
More treasures to come. . .  & Happy Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's 8:30 AM and I've learned something already. Never knew there was such a thing as pink lemons - always wondered why some of the lemonade was pink (just thought it was food colouring).

    Hopefully the storm won't be so bad and the blossoms stay where they belong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!