My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Treasure Hunting with My Mom

In celebration of Mother's Day in the U.S. today I wanted to post a short & simple post to honor my mom. We took a mother and daughter road trip this last summer treasure hunting through the back roads of central and northern California. It was a great trip and although treasure hunting is not my moms favorite pastime, she was the perfect traveling, hunting and gathering partner. It is a trip I will always cherish.
A passerby snapped this photo for us in Yosemite, midway through our road trip. The van was full of loot and we were on a roll. I am very happy we have this photo, I think it is the only one of us together from our trip. Today I am thrilled to be able to spend the day with my entire family celebrating "moms". 
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to spend the day celebrating all the moms in your family. That's exactly what we did on Saturday with my tea party.

    I bet you and your mom had a ball on that foraging trip. Happy belated MD to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!