My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

French Flea Markets & Brocantes

We have been so very lucky to have Sharon Santoni show us around her beautiful region of France.
She has taken us to flea markets in simply beautiful French villages.
To the charming brocante shops of dealers that Sharon knows who welcomed us with open arms.
We even popped into a few retail shops with very unique items and even more unique displays that I was sure to study carefully. (Unique displays not pictured here- just good stuff!)
All of the shopping stops had great varieties of wares and with some patients, we were able to find
some really lovely things.
My loot from the Normandy region is packed and ready to ship and now the shopping begins in Paris.
Wish me happy hunting... tomorrow a Paris post.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see one of these brocante tours, I add it to my bucket list. This trip looks amazing. I'm going to be checking with Sharon to see when her next trip happens (I'm hoping next fall). Have fun in Paris. Now that's silly, who couldn't have fun in Paris?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!