My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Savory Side of France

As a follow-up to my last post on French sweets, today's post is again, of few words and many visuals of savory treasures spotted and enjoyed on our recent trip.
Bread, wonderful bread.
A whole pig roasting over vegetables.
Incredible French cheeses.
Escargot in the window and
delicious escargot on my table.
Superb steak tartare.
Stunningly beautiful Foie Gras.
The foods of France never disappointed us on this trip. From the charming village restaurants of the Normandy region to the cafes and culinary shops of Paris, everything we tried was incredible. We did our best to try foods that were unique to the region as well as "specialities of the house". I failed to take photos of many of our meals but I will tell you that presentations are equally as important as taste. When you combine a perfect presentation with amazing flavors it is a true French experience!
(Updating our French shipment... tracking shows our loot is very close!)
Happy Treasure Hunting!







1 comment:

  1. We ate so much cheese!!! One night my husband looked at me and said "NO MORE CHEESE!!" So we switched to foie gras, oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!