My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Decorating... it's all in the simple details

The past several weeks have been quite a whirlwind. Completely decorating Le Potager from top to bottom for our holiday events, decorating for clients on days off or evenings and expanded shop hours has left me with just a tiny window for recharging. 
Settling into the retail holiday groove, I am thrilled to be back to blogging world.
I wanted to share some photos of the shop focusing on the little things... the details. We all have heard and even remarked "it's all in the details", whether it relates to our wardrobe, a work project, preparing a meal or decorating our homes, the details always make a difference.
Details have the reputation of being time consuming and rather costly, I must strongly disagree.
This approach to home and or holiday decor creates a big impact with minimal effort and cost.
Use wreaths on horizontal surfaces... easy and beautiful from all sides. Here a holly wreath adds a holiday spin to a year round rooster statue.
Fill assorted vessels with pine boughs, apples, pomegranates and pine cones. Any seasonal items including glass ornaments look great enmasse. I love the simple gathered look. 
Using bits and pieces can add a seasonal touch in almost any area. Here a petite bunch of mixed pine and berries top a small wall clock. A small, simple detail.
Topping cabinets with stems and branches gathered in the garden, amended with faux botanicals 
can last all season. A simple way to add rich colors and textures.

Any small area that needs a little extra something is the perfect place to make a nest of cones and berries or rose hips. Just about anything you can gather out of doors this time of year can be used to celebrate the season in our homes.
I hope you are enjoying your Christmas decorating and can add a few simple details with little cost or effort creating wonderful impact.
Flea market this weekend, weather permitting, fingers crossed.
Happy decorating and happy treasure hunting.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminders, Jen. I'm starting my decorating tomorrow and the first thing I need to do is gather some natural materials. Sounds like a walk in the woods is in order for today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!