My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flea Markets on Film

There are dozens of television programs about home decor and design offered on U.S. channels on any given day. These shows generally follow trends in the market and currently the shows that highlight the antics of the picker, treasure hunter, flea market shopper and/or tag sale scout are fetching big ratings. I do not have the opportunity to watch most of these shows but week after week and month after month I have been seeing their film crews at our local flea markets.
Last week, I ran into Lara Spencer filming her show, Flea Market Flip at the Hollywood flea market.
Last month it was the crew and contestants from Market Warriors at yet another flea market.
At this market, contestants were being filmed in their flea market space working hard to sell their repurposed treasures.
Since we are in Southern California, filming of some sort, is rarely given a second glance. That is probably why it is easy for production companies to create their shows here with very little interruption.
Whether it is Flea Market Flips, Market Warriors, Flea Market Mania, Cash & Cari or any of the many, many others, these shows are responsible for bringing new customers to our local flea markets. This is great news for vendors, as for me... well, I think it is great for the vendors! Even with this new found popularity, the flea market is still great for treasure hunting. Just keep in mind, what they say is true... the early bird really does get the worm!
Hope you have found some wonderful treasures.
Happy Hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!