My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Estate Sales Reveal Treasures

Greetings! It has been far too long since my last post. Having held two estate sales as well as creating a showcase of our British wares for a special event, I have not been home before 11:00 pm on any given evening! This schedule has been a challenge that I have met with great gusto! Next up is one of my favorite events of the year, Le Potager's Paris Flea Market this coming Saturday.
I wanted to share some of the wonderful estate treasures we found among a households made up of 99% everyday items, making these few items truly stand out.
This beautiful vintage English door knocker was found in a box full of paints in a garage.
This pocket frame is from the Civil War era and holds a period tintype photo of a country gentleman.
This little table held a quaint surprise... a sewing table with upper drawer and lower pivoting notions area complete with thread spool posts.
Of the many dolls, this antique German, porcelain headed, muslin bodied beauty was among my favorites.
This fabulous half-trunk was found in a shed.
This was the biggest surprise of all... An amazingly beautiful French-made war Chaplain's reed organ.
It was also found in an out-building, in very nice original condition.
Made by Alexandre Pere et Fils, Paris - these organs were only made between 1872 and 1891.
As you can see, on the right, these portable instruments were transported from camp to camp during war-times to provide much-needed inspiration to the troops.
Almost as exciting as finding these items is knowing how each went home with new owners who will appreciate and maintain these pieces.
Lastly, just a quick shot of our booth for The Olde Ship event at the Muckenthaler Cultural Center.
We featured antique and vintage British wares from the shop as well as additional items we compiled especially for this event. It was a great day.
I will check in again after our Paris Flea Market on Saturday, Have a wonderful week.
Happy Hunting!





2 comments:

  1. You certainly found some treasures, Jen. Good luck with the flea market sale. It sounds like an amazing event!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no matter whether you might be just starting out Making use of your very first apartment or maybe you could have an properly public abode, estate income are the Mecca connected with furnishings to be able to appoint a great home inexpensively.svfunding

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!