My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Vintage French Copper Cookware

There are those shopping experiences you walk away from feeling like you must have been under a lucky star. That is how I felt after attending a special estate sale on Friday. Since I had a very small window of time, I thought I could get to the shop a little early rather than spend fifteen minutes at a sale. What to do? Well, the treasure hunter in me won the time debate and I am thrilled to report, stopping at the sale was indeed the right choice.
Like a moth to a flame, is how drawn I was to these vintage copper pots. An entire table filled with them. All different shapes and sizes. Some in better condition than others but each with wonderful patina and all in sound construction. Just one piece of copper like this would be quite a find but, to see so much in one place- I was in love! The quality was great and the prices were fair so I decided to take it all. I also found some nice vintage leather bound books to use in displays at the shop.
I placed the bottle of wine in the photo to give some reference as to the size of these copper pieces.
All the pots found their way to the pantry at the shop.
The vintage leather books, marked from the Harvard University Library, are now giving some charm to our new candle display.
We layered our loot into the shop displays right away and I am happy to say that they look as though they were part of our original display plan. That may be a good question to ask ourselves when purchasing new decor items for our homes. Can this item be added to my home seamlessly, complimenting or even enhancing my decor and not visually announcing 
"I am a new addition"? 
Just food for thought. Thanks so much for reading. 
Have a great week... Happy Hunting!





2 comments:

  1. Terrific find, Jen. I have one lowly copper "au gratin" pan that I use very infrequently because I love it so much and don't want to risk it being ruined.

    You're so right about adding new accessories - it's like putting on a piece of jewellery to a tried and true outfit - does it scream new or "look at me"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't like to waste your time cleansing your cookware by hand, you better pick up a cookware set that features dishwasher safe. copper pots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!