My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

ANTIQUE ENGLISH PUB TABLES



Just the words "pub table" take you to a certain time and place. A time long passed where the community gathering place was the neighborhood pub. Yes, where everybody knew your name.  

We were beyond lucky to find three antique English pub tables on our buying trip. Made by the Gaskell & Chambers Ltd.Barsetters Company, Manchester, England, these tables were manufactured in the 1880s. Each table being slightly different, they have unique features such as, Britannia holding a shield of the Union Jack framed by the words: “Abolished Slavery”, lion head, floral swags and hearts. These tables have it all going for them- history, style, form and function.  Although originally intended for use in what was then called “public houses”, or pubs, antique pub tables like these have found their way into the home, garden and conservatory over the decades. Sometimes found with the original wood, slate or stone tops, these have 40+/- year old wood replacement tops. Marble tops would make these tables show stoppers in any décor, whether eat-in kitchen table, family room side table or garden accent table.  Stop by Le Potager to see these historic tables, we have a feeling they won’t be here for long

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am interested in your tables. If they are still available, how much is your asking price. If they are already sold, may I please ask how much they were sold for for future reference?

    Your table shown is one of the nicest pub tables I have seen.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in our pub tables. We used them in our shop for the holiday season and removed the tags so we could be certain to hold onto them until after the 1st of the year. Your timing is perfect.
    Each has a 26" round top. One is 28" tall & one is 30" tall.
    Price is $525 each and they are in Fullerton CA
    You are correct, they are great!
    Any further info you can email me at lepotagerdecor@gmail.com
    All the best, ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These antique pub tables are beyond gorgeous. To think of all the history that these tables have seen is astounding. I think that your pricing for the tables is more than fair as well.
    Cynthia | http://pubstoolsandtables.com/WoodenPubTables/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen everything is beautiful but I'm wondering if you can tell me anything about this table I'm hoping I am able to post it sea place to post it but if you could email me please I would like to know anything I can about this table that I have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I have never blogged before so I don't even know if I did this right and I don't see a place that I can post pictures of the table that I have it is the same as the one you have above and somebody has painted it green

      Delete
  5. Forward me your email address & I'd be happy to give you a bit more info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I had written you late last year about the English pub tables you have or had I do not know if you still have them.if you could please send me any information on these tables as I do still have one that is an excellent condition.anything I could find out about them would be great. Thank you
      leesaradina1@gmail.com
      And by the way I love all the pictures I have seen of your post and the presentation is awesome thank you for the inspiration as I do want to have my own shop

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!