My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BREAD BASKETS

To say that I have a fondness for boulangerie baskets is an understatement. Believe it or not, a basket just like these two outside baskets actually saved my life not too long ago. I will only say that it involved a serious fall that would have been into vertical rebar if I wasn't holding one of these baskets. Sadly, the basket did not survive, but I am happy to say I am alive and well. (This is only a very slightly exaggeration). I found the three baskets here, each separately, on my road trip. These baskets are to be placed in Le Potager's pantry. We fill them with fresh baked baguettes for store events and our customers love them for kitchen soffits, walls and even on islands. The unique center basket is an al fresco serving basket, holds fruit and or bread in the top section, plates on the center shelf and the bottom section holds water and wine bottles. 
Remember, unique baskets are always in fashion, especially in the kitchen or pantry. They can add texture and dimension to key areas. Once the "decor" item of the 80's, I am happy to say quality baskets are back...use them and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!