My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Just Desserts

Pastry forks have become forgotten pieces in modern flatware sets. Today the standard small fork is both salad fork and dessert fork. Antique pastry forks, like these, have unique tines with one larger crust cutting tine and only 3 tines total versus 4 tines in a modern dessert fork. Circa 1905, this pattern is Leonora from the WR Keystone Silver Company. I picked up this charming set of 4 forks at a yard sale. It always amazes me what a little silver polish can do for old, dirty, tarnished silver...they are just beautiful.
With the holidays approaching vintage flatware is the perfect hostess gift. Consider, when taking a pie or dessert to a holiday dinner party, tying a vintage pie server or pastry forks to the top of the bakery box. Even if you bake your own pies invest in nice bakery boxes. Tie the box with festive ribbons and add the forks or server into the bow. This is an unforgettable token that will make a lasting impression. It is little details like this that tell your host & hostess how honored you are to be welcomed into their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!