My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall Pheasant


I will admit it, I have a thing for vintage taxidermy. I am enamoured with the history and the by-gone era where hunting was a way of life. For me, smaller scale taxidermy adds a unique dimension to your decor. Today's treasure was a lucky estate sale find. It has a plaque on the base from the Crosby Fur Co. in Rochester New York circa 1925.
If you are unable to find or not comfortable with the thought of vintage taxidermy consider new "faux" taxidermy. The new faux versions are well done and nicely priced. Adding a bird to your fall decor creates a classic and timeless look.  A pheasant on a mantle surrounded by pumpkins, gourds and fall branches with leaves is just stunning. A sideboard or sofa table are also excellent locations to create a vignette using taxidermy. I keep a vintage pheasant up year-round on top of an English armoire accompanied by antique boxes, books and a vintage clock. This proud bird will be highlighted on a French sideboard for Le Potager's fall Settings event.
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!