My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New use for an old Lid

 This is one of my favorite kitchen decor items. But it's just a lid you say! Yes, but not just any lid, an English transferware stoneware lid that is so much more than just that. Many times when you are antiquing you come across lone lids from vintage and antique tureens and casseroles. They are usually very affordable and they don't really need to be in perfect condition for this use. I have in the past, and do from time to time in the shop, attached these beautiful, colorful stoneware or china lids to the wall with a plate or platter hanger.  Then I hang a cafe curtain ring over the lid handle and hang a kitchen towel from the clip. You have a very pretty towel holder for the kitchen that the towel does not fall off of! You can use any lid that matches your decor and a curtain ring in the finish of your kitchen hardware. This lid was a find from my August road trip and I will be hanging it in the pantry at Le Potager. This is a great way to repurpose an antique and add a unique piece to your kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!