My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Estate Treasures

I was recently invited to preview an estate sale in a nearby beach community. So today, I took some time to carefully look through a collection that was 50 years in the making.  I saw stunning 19th century clocks (over 70 of them)  in all shapes and sizes. There were dozens of Black Forest carved wood clocks and French gilt and porcelain clocks.














               
I saw hundreds of pieces of chintz china along with dozens and dozens of vintage tole painted trays.     









                                                                                                                    
     There
were treasures every where I looked. I made lists and checked them twice. I came up with a plan of action, what I will buy, where I will use it and what I can pay for it.
Then I came upon my favorite treasures of the estate. . . antique hand-carved Black Forest hand mirrors. Each mirror was a work of art, they featured oak leaves, acorns, roses, squirrels, pheasants and so many more exquisite details. It was a lovely afternoon, full of beautiful, unique antiques and vintage wares. The sale is scheduled to be held in two weeks. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Jeff.
    I collect rare and unusual black forest clocks, and cuckoo clocks. Also clocks with automation, monks, soldiers, exposed birds, singing birds, trumpeter clocks, flute clocks organ clocks, old shield cuckoos, musical clocks, and ornately carved german clocks. I am wondering if you have any like this or perhaps know where any are that i could inquire about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!