My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Treasures Ready for Christmas

Believe it or not, we are getting ready for our Holiday 
Open House at the shop. It is always a challenging time but also very rewarding. Remember the photos from my road trip in August? In those pictures you could see some of the vintage musical instruments I was lucky to find. This is just the beginning of what I had in mind for those and several other instruments I found since then.
  
Ready to add the tree.
 As we begin decorating, this tree is holding violins, horns, clarinets and flutes.
We will be adding antique sheet music, vintage music related post cards, vintage ornaments of angels playing instruments and some other treasures I have been compiling. 

1950's plaques
1940's angel musicians




1880's -1920's sheet music
I will be posting photos of our progress as we continue toward our goal of creating a beautiful Christmas experience for our customers. I will highlight many of my treasures from previous posts finally revealed in our holiday vignettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!