My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Flea Market Barware

One of the many, many things that I find myself drawn to when I am antique hunting is vintage barware. I think I have a romantic notion about the era where cocktails were the part of the food pyramid. A time when martini lunches, scotch neat at the office and classic cocktails at home were the norm.  Along with cocktail popularity came the bar accessory boom and for the first time bar tools were more than utilitarian, they were now artistic.
Last weekends flea finds included some very fun and interesting treasures. One of my finds was a unique version of a measuring jigger made of silver, by the Napier family of costume jewelry and quality barware fame. 
Such lovely construction and design. Jigger is heavy but pivots at the slightest twist of the handle as it rests on the lip of a glass, dropping the measured spirits into the glass below.
Not only did I find the silver jigger, I also found four of these vintage glasses with an embossed rooster design. They will look great on the bar cabinet. Barware is a great theme for a collection, interesting pieces can still be found. I think that vintage barware is the perfect addition when gifting a bottle of spirits. Tie a treasure like this around the neck of a bottle with a beautiful ribbon to make your gift one of a kind this holiday season. You still have plenty of time to find just the right piece. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!