My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Treasures Combined


This is a story about holding on to a treasure until the time is just right. I purchased these 1930's garden award ribbons months ago. They were not in perfect condition but they were the only Fall Garden Awards I have ever seen so I had to have them. Not certain what I would do with them, I carefully tucked them away. 
This week, while going through my latest flea market treasures, I had a light bulb moment! The use for the ribbons was right in front of me. I had purchased 5 great vintage English silver trophies. Although they were on the small side, I knew I could use them in a display at Le Potager. Turned out these trophies were the perfect for way to display the award ribbons.
Many times, marrying antiques can give new life to the items thus giving you a totally new unexpected treasure. I have now created a truly unique fall display for Le Potager. Any of these would be a wonderful gift for the gardener in your life.  Fill a trophy with stems of fall leaves and present to your hostess at Thanksgiving or give to a special friend with a fall birthday. 
I love that these 70 year old ribbons are now prominently displayed on these old silver trophies.
Each item has now been given a new lease on life and will be enjoyed by many people for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!