My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Treasures Rain or Shine

I have always thought that the weather forecaster is the only employee in America that can be wrong most of the time and still keep their job. With that in mind, I have to say that today they were correct, 100% correct. Rain was the forecast and this is what we ran into on the way to the flea market today.
When you go to a flea market that claims Rain or Shine you think how bad could it be in the rain?
I don't think I have ever really expected anyone to honor a rain or shine promise before and I must say, after today, I never will.
Cold and wet was the theme of the day. When the wind came up and the rain began to fall horizontally I discovered that rain or shine pertained to maybe 10% of the vendors. I completely understand packing it up, it broke my heart to see some of the wonderful treasures completely ruined in the rain.
I did find one beautiful antique silver calling card tray and a charming French decanter before the last of the vendors packed up and wrung themselves out. From the flea we were off to the Farmers Market and then we did some treasure hunting in 3 charity thrift shops, all before lunch! Looking forward to next week's flea.
This week, look for posts of some of my past treasures finally unveiled on the Christmas trees and table tops at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!