My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trees Trimmed with Treasures

The holiday season has truly arrived at the shop. The weather has changed, days are cool and evenings have been quite chilly allowing us to light a fire in the fireplace at Le Potager, to take the chill off and of course, add to the ambiance of our holiday decor. 
This season we have created very unique trees each with their own personality and brimming with new items as well as treasures found throughout the year.
This tree has a charming home decor theme. Filled with French inspired wall clocks, glass glitter keys, French journals, picture frames and more. Not a traditional holiday look but very festive indeed.
Back by popular demand... the Le Potager wine tree. This fun tree is filled with vintage and antique treasures- silver and copper wine coasters, silver wine tasting cups, red crystal wine glasses and raffia wrapped chianti bottles. Of course we have added a cork garland and wine bottle topper, both Le Potager originals. Cheers!
Our pantry tree is dripping with sweet little gifts and stocking stuffers. We have added antique silver flatware (including the topper) , antique muffineers, silver salts and vintage cookbooks. Along with those items we added custom pink rock salt rocks with graters, fresh nutmeg nuts with graters and French spreaders and tea spoons. Bon Appetit!
This is one of the trees I did give a sneak peek of on a previous post. Full of vintage musical instruments found along my summer road trip, the instruments serve as the large scale backdrop to the smaller charming ornaments. The sparkle of the metal of the horns and flutes, the warmth of the wood of the violins, all work together with the sparkle of crystal and pearl embellishments. 
This Christmas consider trimming your tree with unexpected items, use a collection, set a theme, nothing is off limits. Think fun, festive and create a look unique to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!