My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Woodland Treasures

The woodland room at the shop is filled with wonderful items from treasure hunts of the past. The extraordinarily large vintage English stoneware turkey platter and the hand-painted wood tumblers are  beautiful in these surroundings-  both recent finds.  Also, in the background, an antique deer platter along with pheasant and turkey dinner plates.
Also recently found, vintage stemware, an antique silver tray, and crystal decanters. Together they are charming accents to the antler candlesticks and wonderful Williamsburg pine & pomander arrangements. Our intent at Le Potager is to always display in combinations like those we all have in our homes- antiques, vintage items and new wares all living in harmony.
The tree in our Woodland room is filled with natural elements like pine cones, pomanders, and dozens of antlers creating an elegant twist on the classic hunting lodge during the holidays. More peeks into other rooms at Le Potager coming up and big treasure hunting scheduled for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!