My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Great Treasures at the Rainy Flea

After a very busy couple of weeks at Le Potager I was looking forward to getting out to do some treasure hunting. Today, once again, the forecast called for rain however not until later in the afternoon. Needless to say, it began raining just after 8am. Although not really prepared for a rainy treasure hunt, we were finding such fun, unique items and meeting some truly lovely people, that we did not mind being soaked to the bone. Here are a few of today's flea market treasures.
Very large poster size men's suit fashion plate from the Fall of 1912 hand colored with fabric samples on the reverse
Vintage wood composite hunting dog head bottle opener.

 Two French wine tasting cups on original ribbons in great condition
This spectacular set did not make it home with me but I cannot stop thinking about it!

This was a great find. Part of a horse bridle, this vintage leather piece features 4 original sleigh bells as well as an incredible glass dome bridle button with a red sleigh! Would be fabulous around the door knob this Christmas


Today was a successful treasure hunting day however, not a very successful photo taking day. I am blaming the rain, it certainly couldn't be me.  Ok, it was me. Better shots next time I promise.
Just a follow-up to the other treasure hunting I did this week, an estate sale that had sounded quite interesting unfortunately, it turned out to be a very big disappointment...they can't all be great.
Treasures and tips for your holiday decorating coming soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!