My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Best Gift of the Season

As our Christmas weekend came to a close and I looked back at the most touching events, I am struck by my pure joy of being surrounded by my family. The simple traditional menu, beautiful fresh floral arrangements, pine swags, garlands, classic holiday music and gifts that were both useful and thoughtful, together helped to create a truly special family holiday.
While this simple arrangement features traditional Christmas colors- red, green and white, the flower choices are anything but traditional with hydrangea, mums, tulips and rosehips, just lovely.
It was agreed that giving would include useful, affordable, thoughtful and even green gifts. Presents included chic, reusable shopping bags, beautiful original framed art, classic Dansk teak pepper mills, stylish coats made of recycled materials, and of course my homemade lavender sugar. With the kids now in their late teens and early 20's they have become aware of earth friendly options when they shop, leading them to purchase many quality "green" items. 
I am taken with our kids passions for living "aware lives" and how their choices have influenced us older members of the family, even on Christmas. With holiday joy still in our hearts and a new year just ahead of us, Today's treasure is a simple, reflective message, to live more simple, meaningful lives. That leads me to believe that my on-going treasure hunts serve as ways to not only reuse and recycle but a way to save beautiful items and share them with you. 
With that in mind, maybe we could all take a note from Ghandi who said, "be the change you wish to see in the world".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!