My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Treasures in Antique Jewelry Boxes

What girl doesn’t love jewelry? I have a soft spot for vintage and antique jewelry. Among my favorites are my great grandmother’s cocktail ring, a large link silver bracelet of my mothers, and a pair of jade earrings that belonged to my grandmother. However one of my very favorites is my grandfather’s 1929 college class ring. I wear each of these pieces occasionally and store them in small pouches in a drawer… that is, until today.
I was fortunate to find this small group of three antique jewelry boxes. They're simply lovely. Each is from different jeweler, two in the U.S. and one from the U.K.  
            This is the perfect way for me to store and even display my pieces on my dressing table. I may even use these boxes to display vintage jewelry I will offer for sale at our Paris Flea Market. However, I don’t think I will be able to part with the boxes. Consider displaying some of your vintage costume jewelry pieces in your dressing room or on your vanity. Vintage and antique jewelry is so beautiful, it’s a shame to have it locked up. Keep your eyes open for some charming, unique boxes for displaying or you could even ask your mother or grandmother if they have any vintage boxes for you to borrow. I know I will be, as I would love to have a few more unique boxes. Remember, enjoy your jewelry, even when you aren’t wearing it by displaying some pieces. Happy treasure hunting

1 comment:

  1. Nice Collection

    If you want to buy Vintage Jewelry online then do visit Boylerpf.
    They have unique collection of antique and vintage jewelley on a single platform with all sorts of buying option and vast price range, Boylerpf is fit for all of your occasion need and fit for your mood. Check Once.





    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!