My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Très Français Treasure

It has begun! My official stock-piling of wonderful treasures in anticipation of our Paris Flea Market coming up this April. Over the course of one day at the flea market, I found three wonderful vintage glass paperweights.
Originally these pieces held 1930's advertising from car dealerships and restaurants. Using vintage postcards, I repurposed these lovely glass domes to highlight iconic French locations.
Of course, the Paris Opera House.
The Paris classic, Le Dome Cafe.
No real caption necessary, The Arc de Triomphe -note the horse and buggies.
These fun paperweights make wonderful gifts or would look lovely on vanity trays, on your desk or even on a side table or nightstand. They are a subtle way to add some character to any room. Better yet, create a collection of vintage paperweights. Place them all on an antique silver tray add a vintage vase and metal Tour de Eiffel for a perfect Parisian vignette. I am looking forward to collecting more of these to add to this group. You too could repurpose some found paperweights to hold vintage family photos, vacation photos or even birth & wedding announcements. The possibilities are endless.
Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!