My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Antique Silver Hunting

   The flea market this weekend brought out shoppers by the hundreds. It didn't hurt that the weather was absolutely perfect, a cool crisp morning warmed to an 80 degree summer-like afternoon. Because I did not arrive in the dark, what we call "the flashlight brigade", we had to navigate the big crowds that tend to arrive fashionably late. 

I have been on a hunt for silver lately. Truly unique pieces at truly reasonable prices are nearly impossible to find here in California. As a rule, I do the majority of my silver buying out of state, but this weekend I was determined to find a piece or two.
I was lucky to bring a few items home with me. The small pierced nut dish will be perfect for holding a pillar candle. The three hotel silver creamers are just charming and will be nice additions to our tea display at Le Potager. Then there is the baby cup. Usually I would not purchase a silverplate baby cup, however this cup is so sweet I could not pass it up. It is etched with a charming scene featuring children playing in the garden, chasing chickens and baby chicks with little puppies running right behind them. Just when I thought this cup could not get any cuter, I saw the engraving, Sonny Boy. It is just adorable.
There were so many items displayed at this market that I had not seen before. Our spring vignettes at Le Potager and my marche booth for our Paris Flea Market were in the forefront of my mind while I was shopping. Focusing on the final look is always a challenge especially when the goods before you are so varied. I am confident that our flea market treasures from this week with be wonderful additions to our look. The balance of the treasures I brought home will be debuted at our Spring Open house at the shop and I will focus on those in a future post. Happy hunting everyone!
Our fabulous February weather in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!