My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

French Macaron in the OC... finally!

Just when I had come to accept the fact that I will never have real French Macarons outside of France, or Laduree NYC, I happened upon a little piece of heaven right here in the O.C.
Merely Sweets is a charming little store front with wonderful displays. The macarons are made in-house, which is rare in these parts. But how would they taste? Their flavors sounded refreshingly traditional with a twist. The Earl Grey, the citrus and of course the pistachio. One of each please.
My official review... heavenly!
Although I am not having a party anytime soon, I made some mental notes. This is such a fun way to present the macarons. The large display here held well over 20 dozen so I would scale it down for a dinner party or event at Le Potager.
Fun, colorful and tasty. What more could one ask for? Isn't this perfect for a shower or even the wedding itself? Anniversary party? So many possibilities.
After sharing a couple immediately, I brought a few more home to enjoy with a cup of tea.
Merci Beaucoup Merely Sweets!

1 comment:

  1. So delicious! Ahh, Laduree, such wonderful memories of Paris. Enjoy your taste of France in the OC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!