My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Today's Array of Great Treasures

Although today's flea market was attended by more people than I have seen in years, I was still able to snap up a few lovely items. A dozen antique copper molds, a Borghese figural lamp, a silverplated boy with dog statue and a very large porcelain planter from Spain, just to name a few. I have not yet taken photos of the treasures I brought home but I wanted to share some of the sights of the day.
A highlight, this wonderful French wedding cushion was one of two this vendor had. If Sharon from, one of my favorite blogs, My French Country Home had not posted photos and information on these pieces I would not have known exactly what this was. I sadly did not purchase this lovely as it is missing its glass, but I will not soon forget it. I was thrilled to see one in person.
Antique leather bound books. Perfect for display.
Antique English and French crocks. Interesting kitchen items.
A very large selection of nice silver today. Some lovely Victorian items.
Vendors seemed especially on-spot today with their displays and vignettes, which I greatly appreciated! Although, the flea market vendors of the past did not decorate their booths as much, they would simply display their wares. That meant that many customers were not sure what an item was or what they could do with it so they may not buy thus leaving behind items I would grab.
The keys to todays hunt was to blend into the crowd, offer fair prices to vendors and of course have fun. Exact change doesn't hurt either. Mr. Treasure and I had a very enjoyable day.
Happy Hunting!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!
    such gorgeous stuff!!
    Love the jars and the wedding thingie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old crocks - I just bought a "tomatoe jar" at a local antique market - not sure what it was used for exactly, but love the patina of the old crockery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!