My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Culinary Event at Le Potager

After weeks of waiting for our shipment of French culinary items to arrive, it finally came, with just days to spare before our Spring Culinary Event was scheduled at the shop. Today was the day. We prepared a variety of both sweet and savory dishes highlighting authentic French confits, preserves, honey and more. I created a small food inspired arrangement to compliment our table using a few leftovers from my cooking and cuttings from my garden.
I combined white ranunculus, asparagus spears, citrus branches, lavender stems, mint, parsley and one pink lemonade lemon.
I placed the arrangement in a long, tall, antique drug store display riser that I picked up last summer.
 Just a few of the products we used to create our menu.
  The asparagus flatbread featured classic herbs de provence and when served, we drizzled with garlic infused olive oil. 
Our fresh strawberry tart was made with a traditional crust topped with a layer of French peach vanilla preserves and sliced berries.

This red potato salad was a unique combination of small cubes of hard salami and a Provencal mustard made with red peppers and paprika made into a dressing with EVOO garnished with fresh parsley and green onions. 

 Popular "go to" items for our customers are French fruit confits for cheeses. Here a plum, wine & cumin confit on a fresh California goat cheese. 
A splendid time was had by all. Our beautiful California spring weather made it a perfect day to shop our garden and enjoy our epicurean event. Next store event will be a spring open house and trunk show in just two weeks. Until then, more treasure hunting beginning tomorrow morning. 
(Recipes will be on the store website later next week)
Happy Hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!