My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Great Paris Flea Market

Le Potager's 5th annual Paris Flea Market is now in the history books and I am happy to say I am back to posting and maybe even getting a little sleep for a change. The day was everything we could have hoped for and more. Beautiful weather, a great variety of vendors and best of all, hundreds of shoppers.
I compiled a wide variety of treasures, some of them with specific customers in mind. The day was so busy that I hardly had a moment to take any pictures at all. Luckily, a couple of local reporters took photos so I have some record of the day. 
To say we were busy is a true understatement. The first few hours of the day we were absolutely swamped. It was crazy but oh so fun! Many of our regular customers had never been to a flea market before we started holding ours and now they get such a kick out of the process. Over the 5 years they have "gotten the hang" of the event. The hardest thing for them to realize is to pick it up if you really want it or it will be gone... and that seemed to happen time after time. 
By the time I could take a breath and get some photos shot, nearly half of my loot was on its way home with treasure hunters. Therefore, my photos are lacking to say the least.
More important than my success as a seller was the success of our 20+ guest vendors at the flea. Each had such wonderful things to say about their day. Nice stories about our shoppers, the ambiance and even the food. It meant so much to hear those praises, not to mention that they all reported it was a very profitable day. Speaking of ambiance, at this market we had the added bonus of live Parisian style music filling the air as well as a petite cafe area for shoppers and vendors alike to sit and enjoy a bite while taking it all in.
Our lovely lady musicians and our handsome catering crew.
Thank you to our team and everyone who attended. It was a great day! Now the count down begins for our 6th annual Paris Flea Market, the last Saturday of April 2013, save the date!
Back to my flea market treasure hunting next weekend and a big estate sale to attend later this week.
Happy hunting!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jen. Looks like a great success on every front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!