My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paris Flea Market Count Down

The count down is on! In just over a week we will be holding Le Potager's 5th annual Paris Flea Market. Parisian in spirit, our Orange County version of a true French brocante is always a fun and festive day. Our guest vendors have reserved their spaces and have shared with me some of the fantastic items they will be offering. I am looking forward to shopping their booths myself. I have been compiling wonderful treasures for our Le Potager booth since the last market, a year ago. Here is a little sneak peak of some of the wares I have ready to go.
Antique transferware in all shapes, sizes and colors.
Antique American & European silverplate and sterling.
English silver trophies and hunt inspired decor.
Culinary goodies- something old, something new & something blue.
A fun collection of vintage and antique glass candy canisters.
A little bit of the French and French style treasures I will be displaying.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am no where near ready for this event but I guess that is the joy of a flea market... anything goes. Pile treasures on the tables and let the shoppers dive in.
I am continuing to pack more boxes and I am having so much fun coming across items in my store room that I had completely forgotten about. More to follow on the Paris Flea Market preparation as well as a trip to an all new flea market this Sunday. Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh to be in California to shop at your flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U got me all excited thinking U were gonna B in Paris in a week!
    Still this looks pretty hot
    AND VERY pretty!
    now where is YR pinterest button so I can pin on U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carol, how I wish I were going to be in Paris! Hope to be able to get there next year. Until then, I have to make my own little flea market. Have been enjoying your "pins" also! ~Jen

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!