My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Antique Stoneware & French Beaded Flowers

In the midst of preparing the store for Christmas, I had to step out to run a few quick errands. After several stops and my "to do" list completed, I decided to take a little break and stroll through a local charity thrift shop. 
While searching I spotted it, tucked away on a shelf in the kitchen section, surrounded by various and sundry pots and pans... was this beautiful antique stoneware tureen.
As I inspected the tureen's condition, I noticed another petite stoneware tureen hiding just behind it. It's a cute little piece with heavy crazing and no lid but I just couldn't separate the two.
As an extra bonus, at the check out table... a sign which read "Half Off Housewares Today!" 
I love old stoneware but it is becoming more and more difficult to find, at least here in California, so I was thrilled to add these treasures to my collection.
I use my antique white stoneware tureens and casseroles to display seasonal accents at home. Shells in the summer, seasonal nuts & fruits in the fall, antique holiday ornaments and paperwhites for Christmas and so on.
This small piece would need some special attention as the items I traditionally use as filler are just too big for it. I remembered a very special treasure we brought back from France that would be just perfect!
We found these antique handmade glass beaded flowers at a flea market in Normandy. I have sold most of the stems but I did set aside some for myself and this was my chance to use them.
Ready to use any season of the year, this is not only a beautiful piece, it is a little reminder of our trip.
I'm looking forward to placing these two pieces in my grandmother's corner cabinet along with a few of my favorite pieces.
More treasure hunting this weekend and I will post some holiday vignettes from the shop soon.
Thanks for reading and
Happy Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Jen. Guess I better start thinking about Christmas and making some things to sell....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!