My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Treasure Hunting and My Wish List

I was off and running this morning. The schedule called for part work and part pleasure. First stop, a customers home. Following up on a remodel and consulting on future furniture purchases. This home is simply lovely, as is our customer, and it was an added bonus to see so many of her purchases from our store beautifully displayed in her home.
Next stop... shopping. It was a little too late for the flea markets and since our clients home was in an area that I am rarely in, the local antique shops seemed like a great idea.
First stop, first purchase. This beautiful antique enameled cast iron headboard. This will look great behind an antique french sofa that we have at the shop.
I am still thinking about this antique mirror. At over 8 feet long, it calls for a special spot. I have added it to my wish list.
I searched through piles of vintage linens but did not have any luck finding any holiday pieces.
Loved the demijohn with the green bottle.
Spotted this vintage French foie gras print. Unfortunately it is too big for my kitchen or breakfast room at home and also too big for the pantry at the shop but it is a really great piece. Another wish list item, maybe I should go back for it after all.
This was a little bonus buy. Perfect for the holidays, the classic red and green vintage wool blanket would make a festive table topper, Christmas tree skirt or maybe even several table runners? Any ideas?
Had a great day on the road but duty calls. This week holds a photo shoot at the shop and our holiday open house. Much to do and I am very excited to get started! 
Will keep you posted.
Happy Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of using that blanket for table runners or even make stockings out of it.

    Good luck with your week - it sounds busy (as usual).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!