My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Holiday Displays for our Open House

It has been an action packed week. We prepared the shop for our annual Holiday Open House and completed our tasks just in time for Saturday's event. The weather was absolutely perfect, breezy and only in the 60's (for a change) which meant a fire in the shop fireplace and spicy warm wassail.
I took shots throughout the week of several rooms at Le Potager using my camera and some with my phone, hence the less than perfect photo quality but I think you will enjoy them either way.
It has become tradition that we create a room that is frosty and full of holiday sparkle.
Our woodland room features a more natural ,warm, forest feel.
One of our home decor trees holds new French style wall clocks with vintage French clock faces.
This tree and cabinet hold Parisian style holiday decor.
We layered new and vintage items to create a charming look.
No surface is overlooked. Even the inside of this large armoire becomes a holiday vignette.
A small bedroom mantle in white.
Even the kitchen pantry has a tree this season.
Although the majority of the shop is decorated for Christmas we pride ourselves on remaining 
"true to the season" by having fall and thanksgiving decor displayed as well. 
This hunt inspired autumn table was just photographed for a holiday insert in our major newspaper.
I will be posting more on that photo shoot and details on the table in my next post.
Happy holiday decorating and happy treasure hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks beautiful. Hope to be in soon. Blessings Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!