My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Early May Flea Market Loot

As promised, here are some photos of the wares I picked up at the flea market this weekend.
Just some bits and pieces and a few special items I have been actively looking for.
Since I have been looking for a true antique silver, domed breakfast server/warmer I was thrilled to find this one. At over 100 years old, this English piece is quite nice, although tarnished on the outside, it is perfect on the interior and has all its trays and locking pin. The sliding lid has a chased detailing and the top of each leg features a peacock. With a little cleaning it will be lovely.
The antique glove form has been on my want list for some time now and this one is in great shape. 
I was also lucky to find a couple of small vintage Italian micro mosaic frames with their original glass.
How great is this vintage needlepoint? A young boy in his tartan kilt with his dog all on a black background... love it! I have a sweet little antique stool I may cover with this?
Miscellaneous antlers, large and small will be used in fall displays. I would like to fill an extra large cloche with them until then. Also, a pair of vintage Dutch silver, repousse candlesticks, they are very tarnished but I will be cleaning them and posting the before and after in a day or so... stay tuned!
Yes, Julia Child's classic Volume 2 of French Cooking -always a favorite.
The beautiful, large, antique iron frame has already found its way to my glass man where he is fitting it for a new mirror (hopefully he will find a nice vintage piece to use).
Lastly, this nice vintage alligator covered, make-up case has a full size mirror inside (as pictured in an earlier photo with the glove form in it). This is a great display piece and or storage box. As you can see there are a few other fun items, all-in-all it was a good market for me. 
Watch for an upcoming post on the silver candle sticks.
Happy Hunting!


1 comment:

  1. Great finds, Jen....love the frame and the silver dome....they won't last long in your store.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!