My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, May 6, 2013

May Flea Market Treasures

It looked more like January than May at the flea market this weekend. The good news is most of the shoppers at this particular market are fair-weather shoppers. That meant a smaller crowd and more motivated sellers.
Here are a few shots of some nice offerings.
 One of my favorite vendors makes her annual appearance at this market offering vintage Louis V
 I always make note of display ideas. I love this old wooden box holding silver and framed art.
Authentic English transferware is getting more and more difficult to find these-days but there were a few nice pieces.
Antique and vintage glass bottles are currently a hot accessory item.
Love this bench for a display riser and really wish that I picked up this raisin canister.
Baskets and decoys were in abundance and went on my short list for Fall displays.
Always love books for risers and this very open weave jute is a nice way to add texture and allow the color of your linens to show through.
Working on my loot shoot. I have a lot of unique treasures to share. Stay tuned.
Happy Hunting!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen,
    Love the old decoys. too bad the weather wasn't a bit better. Happy hunting to you :)!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!