My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Tray Chic

    Trays are arguably the most versatile decor item in your home.       A tray can be a star or hold a supporting role when accessorizing.  Consider trays to anchor a centerpiece, contain a collection, in a stand on a bookshelf or kitchen counter or even hanging on the wall, which is where this tray was designed to go.
This very large hand painted metal tray is the perfect compliment to an art wall. When creating a wall grouping, of mainly framed items, it is always smart to add other dimensions. That includes display corbels, clocks, plates and of course, trays. 
This vintage tray is a piece of art itself. I snapped-it-up at an estate sale last week. The painting style on the face of the tray is neutral enough to compliment a wide variety of interior styles. 
The moral of the story?  Pull out those trays you use once a year and put them to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!